Site policies and terms & conditions effective as of July 25, 2023.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
What is GDPR?
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new set of privacy rules that apply to all businesses that are inside or deal with citizens of the European Union (EU).
Here is the full text of the GDPR.
This content is only for informational purposes and should not be relied on as legal advice. This help page is commentary on the GDPR as Vested One Media Inc. (“Vested One ” or “the Company”) interprets it as of July 25, 2023. We encourage you to work with a legally qualified professional to ensure your business complies with GDPR.
Actions Vested One customers should take
What do Vested One customers need to do if they have EU customers or are based in the EU?
1. Read though the GDPR and document how you will collect and manage your customer data.
3. Make any necessary process changes to comply with these new laws.
How Vested One is complying with GDPR
Things we have always done:
• Provide in-app mechanism to turn on/off visitor information collection from your website
• We don't sell visitor data to any 3rd parties
• We consider all customer data belongs to our customer, not us
What kind of cookies do we use?
We use the following categories of cookies:
Category 1: necessary cookies
Necessary cookies enable you to use our websites and all their features, such as enabling access to secure areas of the website. Without these cookies you may not be able to use all the features of our websites.
Category 2: performance cookies
Performance cookies collect information about how you use our websites so we can improve them for you in future. For example, they collect information on which pages you visit most often and any error messages you may get. The information collected by these cookies is anonymous. They do not collect any information that can identify you personally.
• Google Analytics (universal): we are using Google Universal Analytics to monitor our website performances and check visitor activities to adapt our content based on their expectations
• Hotjar: we are using Hotjar to validate that our website design and user experience are performing as expected and offer the best possible experience to our visitors. We also use it to perform surveys on pages and collect visitor feedback, when they want to share it with us
• Adroll: we are using Adroll to deliver retargeting ads as well as other display and video ads and to track users behaviour and number of visits to our and our clients websites.
Category 3: functionality cookies
Functionality cookies enable us to provide you with a more personalized experience. They help us to remember data, such as your username and language preference, to save you having to enter them again the next time you visit. The information these cookies collect is anonymous. They cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Category 4: targeting/advertising cookies
We and our service providers may use advertising cookies to deliver ads that we believe are relevant to you and your interests.
For example, we may use targeting or advertising cookies to customize the advertising and content you receive on our websites, to limit the number of times you see the same ad on our websites and to help measure the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns.
• Facebook Pixel: we use Facebook pixel tracking to measure social media campaign efficiency related to the Facebook platform
• Google Adwords (conversion): we use Google Adwords cookies to customize the advertising and content you see for our website, limit the number of ads you see for our website, and measure the effectiveness of our campaign
• Google Adwords (remarketing): we use Google Adwords remarketing cookies to collect data about your activities when you visit our websites, the website of entities who serve our ads (advertisers), or the website and online services where we display ads
• Bing Ads (News): we use Bing Ad cookies to record the completion of transactions you make on our websites
Google Adwords and Bing Ads cookies may be used to customize the advertising and content you see in our websites. These cookies will be used to provide relevant Ads about our services and are intended to improve the customer experience across Vested One Websites. No personally identifiable information is stored in any of the platforms mentioned above.
Category 5: social media cookies